3 Dec 2008

My wedding

I thought I would kick off our Real Weddings with some pictures from my wedding.
P.S( To see the pictures bigger just click on them)

I married the love of my life - Warren - in April 2002. We had been dating for 5 years, in fact we married a day before our 5 year anniversary.

We got married in South Africa and back then we didn't have access to the internet as we do now so my inspiration was limited to the few bridal magazines I could pick up. I could buy the imported ones but they were very expensive.

We had a simple wedding and it was a DIY wedding. We created all our wedding stationery - from the invitations to the menu cards to the seating plan. Although simple in the design, it was our design, our labour of love.

Our ceremony was held at the church where my parents were married in South Africa, and where all the children of the family had been baptised. It is a catholic church that is full of carvings and stain glass windows that we did not need to spend much money in decorating it. The only additions we had was the large flower arrangements at the entrance and at the altar and the pew flowers. We were able to transfer the large arrangements to the reception venue.



Our reception was at the country club - I have a picture of one of the tables which show you we had a simple centre piece. It was a mirror plate with a large candle that 5 wicks and was surrounded by flowers. Our cake was made by my aunt and decorated by my grandmother, she made 800 sugar flowers, a fantastic wedding gift.

We had such an awesome party, from when the music started to when we had to finish the dance floor was never empty. We had a fantastic DJ who played all types of music that appealed to everyone. The boys dancing is my hubby and one of the groomsmen - they were dancing to Cotton Eye Joe, a song that has meaning for them. The last picture is the alternative we had to a guest book. We got some lovely paper and centred an engagement photo and got all our guests to sign it. After we got our photos from our photographer we placed a wedding photo in it and to this day it hangs on our wall.


'Till next time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur day looked so amazing. I also LOVE weddings - always had a big wedding in mind, but circumstances have lead to us having a smaller wedding - which, I know is going to still be amazing - marrying the man of my dreams too - we really are lucky girls. Love Jade

Unknown said...

Your wedding looks awesome. I especially love the look of your wedding cake. Thanks for the advice.

Claudia said...

Thanks for the comments Jade and Gillian.
Jade, a smaller wedding can be just as amazing as a large wedding, in can be easier to personalise a smaller wedding.
Shout if I can help with anything